Basic Information: Gao Liangmin, male, born in Jianshui, Yunnan Province, with a doctorate degree in medical anthropology
Languages: Chinese, English, and Swahili (medium level)
Fields of interest: Medical anthropology and cultural anthropology in East Africa, global health and health issues in Yunnan, China
E-mail：email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Background and Work Experience:
2001-2006, MBBS. in preventive medicine, Kunming Medical University;
2006-2009, MMed. in epidemiology and health statistics, Kunming Medical University;
2009-2014 Executive Section Chief and academic leader, Yuxi Disease Control and Prevention Center;
2014-2018 Doctoral candidate, joint program of the Doctoral Program in Developing Country Studies (DCS) and the Department of Sociology, Tsinghua University;
2019 Will join a joint program of the School of Social Sciences, Tsinghua University and IIAS and engage in research in the post-doctoral research center.
English academic papers：
- Shifu Li, Shu Su, Shunxiang Li, Liangmin Gao, et al. A comparison of effectiveness between oral rapid testing and routine serum-based testing for HIV in an outpatient dental clinic in Yuxi Prefecture, China: a case–control study. BMJ Open, 2017.
- Shuang Lin, Liangmin Gao, Melissa Reyes, et al. China’s health assistance to Africa: opportunism or altruism?, Globalization and Health, 2016.
- Shu Su, Shifu Li, Shunxiang Li, Liangmin Gao, et al. Gaps in the Continuum of HIV Care: Long Pretreatment Waiting Time between HIV Diagnosis and Antiretroviral Therapy Initiation Leads to Poor Treatment Adherence and Outcomes. BioMed Research International, 2016.
- Eric P.F. Chow, Liangmin Gao, Liang Chen, et al. Shifting trends of HIV epidemic in Southwest China: a case study based on HIV sentinel surveillance at Yuxi prefecture of Yunnan province, 1995-2012. AIDS Patient care and STDs, 2015.
- Ruirui Wang, Kayee Au, Hongyi Zheng, Liangmin Gao, et al. The type III ribosome-inactivating protein-maize RIP, showed antiviral activity in SHIV89.6 infected Chinese rhesus macaques. Toxins, 2015.
- Fung Kuen Koo, Eric P.F. Chow, Liangmin Gao, et al. Socio-cultural influences on the transmission of HIV among gay men in rural China. Culture, Health & Sexuality, 2014.
- Eric P. F. Chow, Liangmin Gao, Fung Kuen Koo, et al. Qualitative exploration of HIV-related sexual behaviours and multiple partnerships among Chinese men who have sex with men living in a rural area of Yunnan Province, China. Sexual Health, 2013.
- Eric PF Chow, Liang Chen, Jun Jing, Liangmin Gao, et al. HIV Disease Burden and Related Risk Behaviours Among Men Who Have Sex with Men in Yuxi Prefecture, Yunnan Province, China: 2010-2011. AIDS Behaviors, 2013.