Education: Doctoral degree
Language: Chinese, English, Farsi
Iran’s domestic politics and foreign policies after the 1979 Islamic Revolution; political economy of Iran after 1989; political culture of Iran; geopolitics of Middle East.
Education and Work Background:
- B.A. in Farsi Language and Literature, Beijing Foreign Studies University, 2009-2013.
- Ph.D. in Political Science, Tsinghua University, 2013-2019.
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Government, Georgetown University, USA, 2015-2016.
- Visiting Scholar, Faculty of World Studies, University of Tehran, Iran, 2016-2018.
- Visiting Scholar, Faculty of Law and Political Science, University of Tehran, 2020-2021.
- Liu Lanyu & Chen Qi, “The Dilemma of Legitimacy and Economic Growth in Post-Khomeini Iran——Case Study on Rafsanjani's First Term ，”Quarterly Journal of International Politics，2020，pp. 150-178.
- Liu Lanyu, “Iran launches Currency Reform under Economic Difficulties,” World Affairs, 2020.
- Liu Lanyu, “Study on Afghan Security Risks in the Context of One Belt and One Road”, Journal of Xinjiang University (Philosophy, Humanities & Social Science), 2019, p. 57-63.
- Chen Qi & Liu Lanyu, “The Debates among Chinese IR Scholars on China’s National Interests Strategy: 2010-2015,” Chinese Scholar and Foreign Policy: Debating International Relations, edited by Huiyun Feng, Kai He, Yan Xuetong, Routledge, 2019, pp.94-122.
- Liu Lanyu & Chenqi,” How Do International Economic Organizations Think—The Political Factors behind the Decision-Making Process of the World Bank and the IMF,” Jinan Journal (Philosophy & Social Science Edition),2017, pp.11-16.
- Lujin & LiuLanyu, “The Rise of Iranian Political Moderates and its Influence,” Contemporary International Relations, 2017, pp.48-53.
- Liu Lanyu, “Iran observation: In the face of Trump, Iran chooses restraint?” World Affairs, 2017.
- Liu Lanyu, “Looking at Iran through two elections: Steady towards openness,” World Affairs, 2016.
- Liu Lanyu, “American Iranians and Their Political Participation Studies (1979-2015),” ANNUAL REPORT ON RESEARCH OF IRAN (2015~2016), Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press, 2016.
- Liu Lanyu, “Analysis of the Causes and Consequences of Iran's "October Protest," ANNUAL REPORT ON RESEARCH OF IRAN (2017~2018), Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press, 2019.